3 Hudson Valley Officers Hospitalized by Inmate
Three officers were attacked by an inmate at a Hudson Valley prison. Two suffered fractures after the alleged unprovoked attack.
On Friday, June 29, around 8:20 p.m., an inmate at the Green Haven Correctional Facility ran down a flight of stairs in his cell block, ran up to an officer and punched him in the face, officials say.
The inmate then turned to another officer and allegedly punched her in the right side of the face.
The unnamed inmate is also accused of pushing a third officer down a flight of stairs before running back into his cell.
The three officers were initially treated by medical personnel at the facility. They were later transported to Vassar Brothers Medical Center.
The first officer hit suffered a broken jaw, the female officer sustained bruises and abrasions to her face, right arm and chest, the officer who was pushed down the stairs broke his right hand, according to the NYSCOPBA.
“This attack is a pointed reminder of the dangerous environment our members face inside our prisons on a daily basis," Mid-Hudson Region VP of NYSCOPBA Mike Mazzella said in a press release. "Three officers injured, two with fractures, after an unprovoked attack."
The officers haven't returned to duty, officials say.
- DEC: Hiker Falls, Slides 40 Feet Down Popular Hudson Valley Falls
- 3 Hudson Valley Officers Hospitalized by Inmate
- Missing Hudson Valley Teen Found in Colorado
- Vacationing Man Rescued After Kayak Overturns in Esopus Creek
- Hudson Valley Woman Found Dead in Local Hotel Room
- Fast-tracked Plan Threatens 'Very Existence of the Hudson' River
- Justin Bieber Engaged to Girl From the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Fatal Insect-Spread Virus Confirmed in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley First Responders Save Drowning Girl on Vacation
- Pet Owner Abandons Dog in Hudson Valley With No Food, Water