21-Year-Old Shot in Dutchess County, Police Hope For Answers
Police are hoping the public can help after they say a 21-year-old shooting victim refused to give them details about the shooting.
On Saturday around 4:30 a.m., City of Poughkeepsie police dispatch received a call from a local hospital reporting that a man walked into the emergency room with a gunshot wound to the lower leg.
The man who was shot, a 21-year-old, is described by police as being uncooperative. He said he was shot on Montgomery Street but refused to give more information regarding the shooting or provide a description of the shooter, police say.
The 21-year-old’s injuries don’t appear to be life-threatening, officials say.
Anyone with information on this incident is encouraged to contact the City of Poughkeepsie Police Department at 845-451-4000 or the tip line at 845-451-7577.
- 6 Die From Drug Overdoses in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Police Help Suicidal 20-Year-Old
- Teen Admits to Killing Hudson Valley Grandfather
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Kills Neighbor's Dog
- Hudson Valley Lands Professional Sports Team
- Hudson Valley Man Throws Urine at Officer
- Police: Hudson Valley Elementary Teacher Found With Child Porn
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Found With Arsenal of Assault Rifles
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley