2 Killed In Roll-Over Crash in Hudson Valley
Two people were killed and two others suffered serious injuries when a topless convertible rolled over in the Hudson Valley.
On Saturday around 7:30 p.m., Warwick police were called to investigate a crash on Glenwood Road in Pine Island.
A 2015 two-door convertible failed to navigate a turn which caused the car to leave the road and flip over, police say. The convertible came to a rest on its side next to a vacant house.
Two female passengers, 36-year-old Emily Carwile and Jessica Dussault, both from New Jersey, were thrown from the car during the crash. Both were pronounced dead at the scene, reports the New Jersey Herald.
The convertible's top was down at the time of the crash, officials say.
The driver, 32-year-old Christopher Perrela of New Jersey, was taken to Westchester Medical Center. Another passenger, 32-year-old Joseph Giordano of New Jersey, was taken to Orange Regional Medical Center.
Both are being treated for serious but non-life threatening injuries, police say.
The investigation into the crash continues. Anyone with information should call the Warwick Police Detective Unit at 845-986-5000.
- DA: Hudson Valley Man Left Murder Victim’s Corpse in Planter
- Group Alleges Hudson Valley Officer Used Excessive Force [VIDEO]
- Elderly Hudson Valley Couple Killed in ATV Accident
- Heroic Hudson Valley Man Stopped New York City Terror Attack
- Police: Large Bear Seen Roaming the Streets of the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley