2 Families Displaced in Dutchess County Fire
A fire inside a two-family home in Dutchess County left both families displaced.
On Monday just before 3 p.m., firefighters from the Fairview Fire District were dispatched for a reported structure fire at 80 West Dorsey Lane in the Town of Hyde Park.
First responders found a two-family home with an active fire on the second floor. A second alarm was requested calling additional resources to the scene.
Within 10 minutes the fire was put out, officials say.
Occupants from both homes were displaced as a result of the fire, according to the Fairview Fire District. No injuries were reported.
Assisting the Fairview Fire District at the scene was the City of Poughkeepsie Fire Department, Roosevelt Fire District, Pleasant Valley Fire District, Arlington Fire District, Hyde Park Fire District, Mobile Life Support Services, Dutchess County Department of Emergency Response, Town of Hyde Park Police, Dutchess County Sherriff’s Office and New York State Police. Providing standby coverage was the Highland Fire District.
- Woman Killed by Oncoming Train in Hudson Valley
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School Bathroom
- Coywolf Spotted in Lower Hudson Valley, on Palisades Parkway
- Hudson Valley Lawyer Accused of Sexually Touching Another Woman
- Violent, High-Risk Sex Offender Moves Near Hudson Valley School
- Police: Hudson Valley Teen Sets Fire to Home
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Snorted Heroin Near Child
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley