2 Accused Of Robbery At Ulster County Swimming Hole
Two local men are behind bars over allegations they robbed a person at a popular Ulster County swimming hole.
On Tuesday, New York State Police at Kingston arrested 22-year-old Jaqwan M. Foster of Kingston and Nicholas J. Lane, 21, of Connelly for robbery.
Members of the New York State Police, Ulster County Sheriff’s Office and the Town of Ulster Police responded to a 911 call for a reported armed robbery that occurred at a known swimming hole off of Devil’s Lake Road in East Kingston.
A description of the two suspects was included in the 911 dispatch.
A trooper noticed two men that matched the description provided by the victims and took Foster and Lane into custody.
During the course of the robbery, Lane punched a victim and Foster displayed a knife while forcibly taking the victim’s wallet and cell phone, police say. The proceeds of the robbery where recovered near the scene.
Both were arraigned in the Town of Ulster Court and remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail.
- Marine From Hudson Valley Among Those Killed in Mississippi Crash
- Hudson Valley Couple Killed in Apparent Murder-Suicide
- New York Man Dies From Rare Tick Carrying Brain Swelling Virus
- Teen Accused of Cashing Checks Stolen From Mailboxes All Over The Hudson Valley
- Video Released Over Alleged Assault Between Two Hudson Valley Police Officers
Check out this weeks top 5 news stories from the past week in the Hudson Valley